Sensapex is pleased to support 34th Microelectrode Techniques for Cell Physiology Workshop in Marine Biological Association in Plymouth, UK. Workshop is part of the traditional, annual courses arranged in MBA laboratories in Plymouth.
Please visit our booth 3001 and test our latest uM workstations for electrophysiology, imaging and optogenetics.
NEW! uM workstations provide integrated and modular uM-Scope upright microscope, stage and uMp micromanipulators for in vivo and in vitro experiments. Featuring ZERO DRIFT uMp micromanipulators:
- Compact, scalable and cost-efficient multiple manipulator systems -Smooth, stable and drift free positioning
- 20 mm of movement, 5 nm resolution, 100 nm repeatability
- Fast piezo thrusts for intracellular recordings -Battery-operated system (rechargeable)
- Millisecond level synchrony and open source SDK for PC control
uM workstation will be equipped with ACQ4 data acquisition software, which will be demonstrated by Dr. Luke Campagnola from Allen Institute for Brain Science!
We look forward to hear about your experiments and discuss how might help your research. As usual, we will have Finnish chocolate and espresso available. See you there!
Sensapex has the privilege to provide micromanipulators for CAJAL Neuroscience Training Course 2017 in Champalimaud Center for the Unknow, Lisbon, Portugal. Course lasts four weeks and provides high-level teaching about interacting with neural circuits.
Sensapex is pleased to Paris Neuroscience Workshop held during 12th-24th of June. Workshop provides lectures and hands-on practical experiments for patch-clamp and extracellular recordings.
Annual Biophysical Society meeting is approaching and we’re looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans.
Please visit our booth 846 and test our latest uMp micromanipulators that provide extreme stability and accuracy in compact size.
We look forward to hear about your experiments and discuss how our products might help to improve success rates in your experiments. As usual, we will have Finnish chocolate and espresso available.
We hope to see you there.
The biannual meeting of the FENS Society is approaching and we’re looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen first week of July.
In addition to our well established SMX micromanipulators, we are proud to present a new uMp series triple axis micromanipulator that provides further advantages in performance and stability.
Please visit us at booth 21 right at the exhibition hall main entrance. We look forward to hear about your experiments and discuss how our products might help to improve success rates in your experiments. As usual, we will have Finnish chocolate and espresso available.
We hope to see you there.
The annual meeting of the Biophysical Society is approaching and we’re looking forward to seeing you in Los Angeles at the end of February.
A lot has happened here at Sensapex since last Biophysical Society meeting. We are proud to present new triple axis micromanipulator that provides ultimate stability, performance and usability.
Please visit us at booth 123 where we look forward to hear about your experiments and discuss how our products might help to improve success rates. As usual, we will have Finnish chocolate and espresso available, as well as prize drawing for manipulator test users.
We hope to see you there.
The annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience is approaching and we’re looking forward to seeing you in Chicago.
A lot has happened here at Sensapex since last years SFN. We are proud to present two major advancements in our offering: new micromanipulator products that define the new state of art for the performance in demanding applications and complete electrophysiology workstations with integrated control through Prior Scientific and Olympus co-operation (incl. stage & manipulator tracking feature).
Please visit us at booths 1366 & 1367 where we look forward to showing you what’s new in the world of micromanipulation, and share some of our Finnish chocolate and an espresso! As always, we will be having a prize drawing for an item of cutting-edge technology; this time, latest GoPro action camera that also packs great performance in small package.
We hope to see you there.
Dr. Liming He from the National Institutes of Health has joined the Sensapex team as Applications Specialist.
Liming comes from the lab of Dr. Ling-Gang Wu where she has been perfecting simultaneous pre- and post-synaptic patch clamp recording in the Calyx of Held, and developed a novel technique, cell-attached capacitance measurement, at the release face of nerve terminals. Novelty of these technically challenging experiments and significance of the findings led to two high profile publications (Nature 2006: Nov 2, 444(7115):102-5 & Nature: 2009 May 7, 459(7243):93-7). She is also an author in several other high impact publications where demanding electrophysiology has played central role.
We are proud and excited to have Liming on our team: based in the Washington DC area, she will be primarily supporting our current and prospective customers in the Americas and can be reached at Liming.He@nullSensapex.com and +1(240)-308-4389.
We are looking for a highly-motivated application scientist to join our US office.
A successful candidate would fulfil dual roles: (1) to implement content marketing for global product line and (2) to provide product and application support for US customers and sales partners.
An ideal candidate will be highly driven, able to work independently and has proven track-record in electrophysiology and experimental neuroscience.
- Provides product, application and sales support to customers and field sales organizations remotely and on-site. In average 2-3 days per week of travelling to major US universities is expected.
- Participates trade shows in US and internationally.
- Creates and updates technical and marketing materials for micromanipulators: brochures, application notes, white papers in conjunction with users and key opinion leaders, videos and website content.
- Bachelor degree or higher in cellular neuroscience or a related area with 2+ years relevant work experience in electrophysiology. A postgraduate degree is preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant applications and value propositions, as well as ability to effectively communicate these
- Strong and effective verbal and written skills with grammatical accuracy
- Results driven personality who consistently meet and exceed goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Quick learner in new technology and good IT skills; proven experience with Adobe Suite or similar graphical design software for content creation and editing (eye to maintain integrity of graphical layouts is required; artistic skills are not needed)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle driving record.
We offer a professional, collaborative, creative and supportive environment with a competitive compensation package including health, dental and 401(k) plan. Compensation depends on the experience of the candidate ranging from $60,000 to $80,000 base and add-on bonus scheme.
There is no relocation for this position. The ideal candidate will be San Francisco Bay-Area based but other locations may also be considered.
Candidates will be asked to provide:
1. Verifiable research track record.
2. Three academic or industry references.
3. Salary requirements.
Please send your job application and CV by the end of February to email@example.com