- uMp manipulators
- SMX manipulators
ump installation videos
- 01 – Installation of uMp-EXM electrode exchange module
- 02 – Installation of uMp-3/4 micromanipulator
- 03 – Connecting of uMp-TSC touch screen unit / uMp-RW3/4 wheel control unit
- 04 – Installation of uMp-DVT dovetail adapter
- 05 – Installation of a headstage
- 06 – Installation of uMp-MPR multipurpose adapter with uMp-MEH15 microelectrode holder and uMp-IM intermediate cable
- 07 – Attaching rod like item (3-10 mm dimension) on uMp-MPR multipurpose adapter
- 08 – Position and load calibrations
- 09 – Load calibration
- 10 – Grounding of the uMp-micromanipulator system
uMp Software development (SDK) kit for PC control
SDK is available here for downloading. Please review included documentation and application examples to support development of your own PC control application.
No downloads found.
High Resolution Product Photos
Copyright Sensapex. All rights reserved. Note that the trademark of the product as well as Sensapex name must be clearly shown in all possible use.
No downloads found.
SMX brochures and operating manual
Please note that SMX products have been replaced by new uMp products in 2017. Full after-sales services are available for the SMX product customers.
SMX firmware updates
Please update your SMX micromanipulator and control unit firmware for optimal performance and latest features. Please make sure that you use the firmware files with the .hex extension when updating your micromanipulator.
- Control Unit firmware v3.816 (118.3 KB)
- Firmware upgrade instructions (443.5 KB)
- Firmware upgrade software for PC v1.0.9 (18.7 MB)
- Single axis Micromanipulator firmware v3.974 (99.4 KB)
- SMX joystick Control Unit firmware (unzip before upgrade) (45.0 KB)
- SMX manipulator firmware patch file (268.0 B)
- Triple axis Micromanipulator firmware v3.971 (109.4 KB)
Software development kit (SDK) for PC control
Please review the SDK online documentation as first step in developing your PC control application.
- 32 bit simplified Software Development Kit for Windows v0.551 (22.2 KB)
- 32 bit Software Development Kit for Windows v0.984 (37.2 KB)
- 64 bit simplified Software Development Kit for Windows v0.551 (21.2 KB)
- 64 bit Software Development Kit for Windows v0.984 (25.8 KB)
- Linux SDK README (688.0 B)
- Simple PC user interface v0.974 (17.9 MB)
- Win 32bit SDK README (1.0 KB)
Examples of using SMX SDK for PC control applications
These simple examples are shared to help developing custom applications for most commonly used software environments.
Python interface class is courtesy of Brendan Callahan and Alex Chubykin, The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.